It is highly recommend that you exfoliate before your treatment as this will give a much better result and a more flawless spray tan. Check out my recipe for a quick and inexpensive exfoliator you can make at home:
- ¼ c. sea salt or sugar
- 2 t. honey
- 1 t. vanilla
If possible, Make sure and do any hair removal after you exfoliate and not before. The salt and or sugar can leave your skin irritated if you shave before exfoliating. Any hair removal should be done a couple of days before if possible to give your pores time to close. Skin should be free of all deodorant, moisturizers, perfumes and make- up before your tan. Clean freshly exfoliated skin with give the best long lasting results of your spray tan. Get all pedicures and manicures prior to your spray tan. Soaking of the skin after your spray tan will result in uneven fading in certain areas. It is advisable to wear flip flops to and from your spray tan appointment, to avoid any unnecessary lines on your feet.
- After your tan, it is recommended that you wait a minimum of 8 hours to shower. If possible, waiting 12 hours before showering would be better; this will give the DHA enough time to fully set in. Showering sooner will lessen the intensity of your tan. While showering, you will see the cosmetic bronzer come off in the water; this is normal, it is just the excess solution coming off. Your first shower should be a quick, luke-warm shower to rinse off the excess solution, pat your skin dry when finished.
- Until you have taken your first shower, avoid working out, doing a lot of physical activity, swimming, going in hot tubs or saunas, and anything else having to do with water and sweating.
- Immediately following your tan, it is important to wear dark, loose fitting cotton clothing for at least the next 8 hours while your tan develops. Do not wear tight bra straps, sports bras, or tight shoes and socks while your tan is developing.
- When bathing do not exfoliate or scrub hard with a washcloth on your skin. Use a mild shower gel then pat your skin dry with a towel, do not rub.
- When shaving, use a sharp razor and press lightly as this will prevent excess exfoliation
- Moisturize your skin twice daily for a week to keep your skin hydrated and glowing; make sure the lotion you choose does not exfoliate.
An August 2009 report from the International Agency for Research on Cancer, reclassified tanning devices as a "definite carcinogen." Translation: Fake-baking definitely causes cancer, just like cigarettes do - and often at a much younger age. Not only that, if you start the skin-cooking habit before age 30, your risk of developing melanoma, the deadliest of the three forms of skin cancer, increases by an unbelievable 75 percent. Guess it’s no surprise that melanoma rates among young women have tripled since the 1970s. UV rays emitted by tanning booths are so concentrated that 20 minutes of exposure is equal to more than three hours outdoors in the sun.
Our solutions are FDA approved DHA based products. DHA based sunless tanning has been recommended by the Skin Cancer Organization, American Academy of Dermatology, Canadian Dermatology Association, The American Cancer Society and The American Medical Association.
All of our solutions are custom blended with a fresh scented Anti-Aging, formula to give you a flawless, even fading Sunless Spray Tan. Our solution applies like silk, goes on smooth and leaves your skin feeling like you have just had a full body moisturizing treatment.
Our anti-aging solution are:
- Paraben Free
- Made with Organic DHA
- Made with the most powerful anti-aging complex Matrixyl 3000 (Pentapedtide - 3)
- CoQ10 - paired with white and green tea extracts
- Enriched with Vitamin E, Vitamin A, and Vitamin C, as well as Liposomes that condition, and assist in minimizing skin aging free radicals